Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Different Case of the Monday’s

Because of a wedding Sunday evening, I moved my day off to Monday this pay-period. It definitely changes the “case of the Monday’s” and made Tuesday just not seem as bad. While I enjoyed having yesterday off, I think I still prefer having every other Friday.

IMG_0408IMG_0409

Regardless, it was nice to have a day with my man. We slept in and lounged away the morning before making a healthy lunch that included my zebra tomatoes from the weekend.

IMG_0412

There is nothing better than pan fried vegetables on millet! So simple and so delicious!

After our healthy meal we headed to Alexandria to go bowling with a Groupon I bought a while ago.

IMG_0441

Believe it or not, I do not really like bowling. My dislike for the game stems mostly from my lack of skill. I guess that is what happens when you grow up playing Duckpin Bowling. Duckpin is a lot like traditional bowling but with smaller pins and balls.

IMG_0418

Regardless I had fun and Jay enjoyed showing off his skills. I think if he weren’t so busy he would play in a league. Maybe next summer.

IMG_0414

Despite my lack in skill, I was able to beat Jay in one of the 5 games we played.

IMG_0422IMG_0433IMG_0424IMG_0446IMG_0444

For dinner Jay made Jenna's Black Eyed Pea Stew. I made it last winter and we all loved it. With the temperatures slowly cooling down, it was the perfect way to end this Monday.

IMG_0448

Do you like to bowl? And have you ever played Duckpin bowling?