Sunday, September 18, 2011

Apple Picking at Butler’s Orchard

It’s finally fall in the DC area. Earlier this week, I wasn’t so enthusiastic about the sudden change in weather. I felt gipped out of the last pool weekend of the year. My apartment leaves the pool open 2 weekends past labor day. Last weekend was a beautiful pool weekend, but not this weekend.

But after our long run yesterday (more tomorrow), I am fully embracing the drop in temperature. It is so much easier to run in 60 degree weather than in 95 degree weather. Let’s just leave it at that.

Saturday, to embrace the season, the girls and I headed out to Butler’s Orchard in Germantown to pick apples.

IMG_0354

I haven’t been apple picking in almost ten years! It was so much fun wandering around the orchard and picking the fruit I wanted.

IMG_0357

We were slightly disappointed that there was really only one type of apple to pick, but are thankful that the Jonathon apple is an “excellent eating apple” according to the orchard :)

IMG_0356

After picking a few apples, we headed down to the Orchard’s store to buy some local produce. We each grabbed a nice assortment of fruits and vegetables. I am excited to show y’all the zebra tomatoes I bought! Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I would love suggestions!

Overall we had a great time and I love catching up with the girls. I can’t wait until October when we go pumpkin picking!

What Fall fun are you planning this season?