Tuesday, September 13, 2011

15 More Miles

As I mentioned yesterday, Jay and I ran 15 miles this weekend. We woke very early Saturday to get the run out of the way early. We knew that DC would be a little crazy this past weekend due to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and Nation’s Tri so Sunday seemed out of the question.

IMG_0325_thumb9

We used the exact same route we did a few weeks ago, but backwards. This route kept us in Virginia and away from most of the more touristy areas. No tourist dogging, no road closures and little road crossing made this route fantastic!

The only thing we were not anticipating was the number of other training groups. This route was very popular Saturday! The water stations were a little tempting, but as always we were prepared.

IMG_0327_thumb1IMG_0323_thumb1

I actually didn’t even use all the fuel I brought! I only needed 1 Gu and some of my sport beans. It felt good to finally feel well fueled for a run. It may have taken the 4 months, but I finally have it down.

Next week, we are conquering our 22 mile run. The longest run we will complete prior to the marathon. Wish us luck!!

What is your pre-run fuel?

Mine is 1/4 cup of oatmeal with a heaping spoonful of peanut butter. It just sticks with me ;)