Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Something Borrowed

I am so glad I pre-wrote most of this post about Something Borrowed because I came home to the following text from Mary “Happy Hour at Chevy’s”. How could I resist? I had a tempo run planned, but what fun is that when my other option is margaritas? Chevy’s margaritas for $3 each… yes, I had more than one.

IMG_0139

Yep, the margaritas won. But, another winner is Something Borrowed. I do not know what took me so long to pick up this book. I took it out of the library at some point last year and could not get into it. I honestly can’t remember how hard I tried.

Sometimes, it takes a movie to motivate me to read a book. It worked for Harry Potter and it worked for this book. After hearing such good things, finally having a consistent reading schedule and seeing it in our apartment library I finally picked up this book. I wish I had read it earlier.

IMG_0065

Something Borrowed is about a girl who falls for her best friend’s fiancé, it is also about that long lasting childhood friendship. Where is the thin line between friendship and love and when is it time to take care of yourself?

To every girl who has a childhood best friend, you will relate to this book. You may not always agree with the main character’s actions, but you will understand her feelings. How she is torn between her friendship and herself. This is a must-beach-read, the perfect novel to get lost in on a beach or on your commute to and from work.

 

What did you think of Something Borrowed?

 

I haven’t seen the movie yet, those of you who have, does it live up to the novel?