Sunday, August 14, 2011

Guys and Dolls at Wolf Trap

IMG_0136

Earlier this summer, Groupon ran a deal for $10 tickets to Wolf Trap that Jay and I could not resist. Both Jay and I were involved in drama groups in high school. Surprisingly, Jay had never seen Guys and Dolls. I was in a production of the play in high school, but had never seen the play the entire way through. Even though it has been a good 7+ years since I was in the play, I was surprised how much of it I remembered. I also could not help but think about my high school friends who played the roles so long ago. It’s funny how association works like that.

IMG_0130

We arrived early to enjoy our lawn seats with some hors d' oeuvres and a beer. It was fun to see what others had brought along with them. Some groups had elaborate spreads including special lawn stakes for their wine bottles, beer and wine glasses. Others took a more relaxed approach of picking up Chipotle on their way to the theatre.

IMG_0133photo

After our long run, Jay and I enjoyed our meatless muffins, hummus, salsa and chips. The only problem with long runs is that they really take away your energy! After intermission, Jay and I both dozed off a few times. It is amazing how comfortable laying outside on a picnic blanket blanket be!

Are you a theatre goer? What is your favorite musical?