Sunday, July 17, 2011

Let’s Get Sloppy

What can I say, it has been a lazy weekend. Jay and I slept through softball Saturday. While we were sad to miss the game, it still felt great! I didn’t get out of bed until 10:30.

Our original plan was to go to Old Town on Sunday and enjoy brunch at Union Street Pub (using a Groupon). But we had a little more time than we anticipated Saturday, so we went then and stopped at Trader Joe’s for groceries on the way home.

Last night, I made Mama Pea’s Sloppy Josephine’s for Courtney and Lauren. After we enjoyed this easy but scrumptious meal we played Settlers of Catan. Jay got a little defensive as usual and ended up winning. Courtney was ahead most of the game, so it was disappointing to see a seasoned veteran win.

This morning after our long run (more on that tomorrow), Jay and I enjoyed some more Sloppy Josephine’s, but this time over baked potatoes. It was delicious and very satisfying after 15.5 miles.

P1040034

I have never cooked lentils before now, but man am I hooked. Mary and I were just sitting here coming up with other fabulous combinations. I can’t wait to enjoy lentil more often!

Now I am off to watch some Glee, buy Jay new running shoes and possibly enjoy some ice cream…

What did you do this weekend?