Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Pealightful Recipea Variation

I love Mama Pea. Every morning she brightens my day with her antidotes about her life, family and herself. She also offers great recipes that are simple and easy to replicate.

One Valentine’s Day I first attempted her Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. I found the recipe easy to replicate and delicious. Tonight I tried a little variation by substituting Couscous for the Quinoa.

P1040026P1040027

Now with the substitution, I also deviated from the recipe a little. Not only did I follow the directions on the Couscous box but I also added Minced Onion, Chickpeas, a small can of Tomato Paste and Nutritional Yeast.

P1040024P1040028

The results were marvelous and very delicious. I could have eaten the entire concoction right then and there, but I didn’t. I knew the final result would be even better!

P1040029

I cleaned and stuffed the peppers to Mama Pea’s specifications and topped them with Mozzarella Cheese. Well all but 1, the red pepper was topped with Parmesan Cheese (I ran out of Mozzarella).

P1040030

Boy were they good! I am so glad I went out on a limb and tried these babies again, my way.

What recipe variation are you proud of? And who wrote the original recipe?