Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easy Tofu Stir Fry

DSCN7102

Tonight I made one of my favorite quick dishes, Tofu Stir Fry. There are three tricks that made this meal super easy and quick.

1. I press my tofu while I run.

2. I use frozen Stir Fry Vegetables.

3. I boil my water before I add it to the quinoa.

DSCN7098

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups Quinoa
  • 2 1/2 cups Water
  • 1 16 oz package of Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
  • 1 block of Tofu (pressed)
  • 3 tbsp of Canola Oil
  • 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Sauce

Directions:

  1. Press tofu between two plates (and paper towels) for about 30 minutes. I do this just before my three mile run.
  2. Cut Tofu into small 1/4 inch squares. Combine Canola Oil and Tofu in a pan on high. Cover and let Tofu get crispy.
  3. Measure and rinse 2 cups of Quinoa while bringing 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil on the stove.
  4. Toast Quinoa on high heat for about 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
  5. Once water is boiling, pour the water over the toasted Quinoa. Once it comes to a rolling boil, put on simmer for about 15 minutes.
  6. Once Tofu is crispy (yes it may stick, but it should come loose later), add the Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables and the Teriyaki Sauce and reduce to medium heat.
  7. Once Quinoa has absorbed all the water, serve and enjoy!!!

Well friends, I have a lot to do tonight as I put away my things from Carolina and prepare for camping this coming weekend.

What is your favorite quick and easy meal? What tricks do you use to make it super fast?