Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Month Away!!!

I can’t believe  that the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler is less than a month away! February was a rough month for Jay and I between work and school travel, illnesses and injuries. With all the chaos, we went about a month without a substantial run. But, despite all of our hardships, we woke up this morning and just went for it.

The weather was beautiful this morning. Perfect for our favorite 7 mile run on the Mount Vernon Trail. We were not the only restless runners, I was amazed how many people were out at 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning.

photo

Thankfully, our run was uneventful. My legs were a little sore afterward, but overall the run felt great.

We have three more longer runs scheduled before the race, one of which will be on vacation. I am slightly disappointed that we were not able to train as diligently as planned, but life happens and I am ok with it. I am just thankful that I am able to race in early April and that I WILL complete my first marathon this Fall.