Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Thursday Recipe

I though it would be fun to share some of my families favorite Thanksgiving recipes every Thursday during the month of November. I know I missed the first Thursday... and hopefully I will make it up to y'all, but there are no guarantees.

For my first Thursday Thanksgiving Favorite I am going to share my Mom's Fresh Cranberry Relish.

Ingredients:
  • Two Bags of Fresh Cranberries
  • 1 lemon chopped (peel and all) or you may substitute with an Orange
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple (UNDRAIN)
Step One: Rinse the Cranberries and throw any weird ones away.

Step Two: Throw the chopped Lemon and Cranberries in the Blender and "CHOP." Do this step slowly, blending about 1 cup of Cranberries at a time.

Step Three: Mix blended Cranberries and Lemon in a large mixing bowl with the 2 cups of Sugar and Crushed Pineapple.

Step Four: Refrigerate until served.

I usually divide the Relish into various containers and freeze. This year I divided the Relish into 4 containers for various Thanksgiving festivities for this month.

Now, I know Cranberry Relish is a controversial Thanksgiving day side. I know many people either eat it fresh or love the canned stuff. While I love my Mom's Relish, my family also always had the canned stuff too.

How do you like your Cranberry Sauce/Relish on Thanksgiving? From a can or freshly made?