Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ray's Hell Burger

Look where we finally went!

The famous Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington. Jay and I had planned to go over Labor Day weekend, but then we got busy so we decided to save it for when our friend Luke came to town.

It was a hit! Ray's burger's are delicious and worth the wait!

Our roommate told us that the atmosphere has improved since she first visited last year. This little restaurant is about 12 feet wide and 25 feet long with fun posters and red and yellow accents on the wall.

Ray's is CASH ONLY and you have to wait in line along one wall. Thankfully, when we arrived the line was just long enough for us to decide on our burgers.

A nice little shot of all the numbers sitting at our table! The one unfortunate thing that we encountered at Ray's was my number 9 (or is it a six)? Well the cashier thought it was a 6 and all the runners thought it was a 9. I had to practically fight with one runner to get my burger. Sheeesh! Minor detail, I know, but they should really make that more clear!

I couldn't help myself and got a milkshake. Healthy, huh? I got the "Brown Cow" which is vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. It was a nice treat!

For the main course Mary had a burger with Grilled Red Onions, Cognac and Sherry Sautéed Mushrooms and Guacamole. They gave her a lot of guac!

Our guest, Luke ordered the Soul Burger Number One. This burger is loaded with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Swiss Cheese, Cognac and Sherry Sautéed Mushrooms and Grilled Red Onions.

Also, notice Luke's Sweet Potato Fries. We actually all got fries (sorry I don't have any pictures). They are sooo good with just the right amount of salt and cooked to perfection. I may go back just for the fries!

Another Soul Burger with extra toppings! Look at the bacon! It had just the right crisp and oh so flavorful.

Last, but not least, I had my burger Au Poivre-Seared with a Black Peppercorn cooked medium and loaded with Imported Double Cream Brie, Grilled Red Onions, Cognac and Sherry Sautéed Mushrooms, and Sautéed Peppers. It was a feast!

I think I may have gained 10 lbs during this outing but it was well worth it! Look at the Brie. It was so creamy and complemented my burger perfectly.

I would definitely recommend Ray's to anyone visiting DC!

I think Jay and I will start taking all of our out-of-town guests there! The burgers are simple but cooked to perfection. And, who doesn't like to create their own burger? Scratch that, we may just go back on our own to try some other fantastic topping combination!

It is well worth the line and the extra trip to the ATM.

What is your favorite restaurant to take out of town visitors?