Tuesday, August 17, 2010

St. Elmo of Fiber Crafts

Look who went back to knitting!!! And I finished projects, which is ironic considering our trusty leader who has problems finishing projects was not even there. :(

Below is a picture of two scarves I started a while ago!!! I was inspired and taught to make the one on the left by my best buddy Charlotte this past winter. The one on the right I made out of all the scrap yarn I had. I am embarrassed to say I can't remember if I started this scarf in Winter 2009 or 2008.... :/


Below is a close up of my color blocking experiment. May need a little more practice before I become pro ;)


And a close up of the zig-zag scarf. A cool and easy concept. I believe Charlotte called in the Stitch and Turn. Comment and I will e-mail you instructions!


And last but not least, my new project!!! Another zig-zag scarf!!! I am working on scarves to give to work. Every winter we donate scarves to poor children. The location varies so that we can make as many youngsters happy as possible.


If you knit and have any winter accessory projects (hats, scarves, mittens) lying around with no owner, donate them!!!! If you want to include them with my organizations donation or want to donate yarn to the knitter I work with e-mail me (goingongoals@gmail.com) and I will give you our address.

My goal is to donate at least 6 scarves to make at least 6 children happy this winter!!!!