Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Almost Birthday WIAW

My Birthday may not be until SATURDAY, but I overindulged today to celebrate anyway :)

Now, per usual, I completely forgot about the whole WIAW thing until after breakfast. One of these days I'll actually take a picture or breakfast on a Wednesday. Breakfast included the usual, oatmeal and coffee. The oatmeal mix included almond butter and unsweetened shredded coconut.

Snacks

image

I had a lot of fruit today for snacks. This is mostly because I knew I would splurge tonight, plus I redeemed my FREE birthday beverage from Starbucks. Yum! I can't tell you the last time I had a skinny Mocha. It's seriously been years! I also reintroduced yogurt. Of course it was so delicious that I devoured it before snapping a pic. Oops! I think you can imagine a 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt with some white chocolate chips and fresh blueberries, right?

Lunch

image

Another salad. Raise your hand if you are predictable!

Dinner

image

For dinner, my friend Lauren took me out for a margarita and Mexican fare at Chevy's. Y'all probably think I eat out with Lauren every Wednesday, but I swear I don't (though it has been fun that we've been meeting up frequently).

image

She also showered me with gifts!! :) I promptly put the headband on my head (to prevent breakage, of course). Then tucked away the flowers (for my bridal shower dress) and necklaces. I can’t wait to wear one of the necklaces tomorrow. I am thinking the gold one that kind of looks like a time-turner.

Of course we also threw in a few errands. I picked up some earrings for my girls for the wedding and a little something something I made during my lunch break at work yesterday. I think they turned out pretty well!

imageimageimage

Now I just need a frame to put them in.

I stole the idea from Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers. She made the met, engaged, married maps for her one year anniversary, but I thought it would also be a cute wedding decoration.

What splurge did you make today?