Monday, March 12, 2012

Val’s Wedding!!

What a weekend!!! But first a little about today.

First, the mail was AWESOME today. Not only did our photographer send us a “Thank You” card for referring a friend but I also got some postcards from my friend Nancy for our table numbers.

imageimage

It’s so nice to get fun things in the mail for once.

I capped off the day with a nutritious and delicious dinner. I made Leafy Greens & White Beans over Quinoa except I used Chickpeas. Now I had cannellini beans as the recipe called for, but I accidently grabbed and opened the Chickpeas before I realized my mistake… oh well, it was still delicious!

imageimage

I also made Kale Chips. Believe it or not, this is the first time EVER that  have made Kale Chips. They were delicious!!! I may have to start buying Kale every week. Soo addicting!

As Fabulous as today was, nothing could beat this weekend when my pal, Val got married.

IMG_1226IMG_1233

She had a beautiful ceremony at her childhood church. I feel like every officiant slips up somewhere. Val’s officiant accidently promoted her now husband, Josh, by saying his name instead of Jesus. Oops! He did a great job of quickly turning it into a joke and got everyone laughing.

IMG_1242

We started the photos before the wedding, but obviously waited for the group shots until afterward. Val’s photographer was great and I would say we all had a great time with her.

IMG_1245IMG_1249

Val’s reception was also fantastic. Unfortunately I have very very few photos because my photographer (Jay) decided to cut loose and have a good time. It’s more than ok because we have some fantastic memories and I can always steal photos later from Val ;)

One more wedding related thing, Val’s cake was AMAZING. And I am not just saying that because I love red velvet cake. People were lined up waiting for them to cut the red velvet layers. For those Baltimoreans out there, her cake was from Yia Yias Bakery.

Sunday before leaving Baltimore, Jay and I headed to Paper Moon for lunch.

imageimage

We started with Sweet Potato fries, which were ok. They looked and tasted like they were pre-cut and packaged. For lunch Jay had a Turkey Rueben and I had their Vegetarian Delight Sandwich and we split their Cream of Crab Soup.

imageimageimage

The food was good, but not as great as I remember. Paper Moon is definitely all about the ambiance and greasy food or sweets. Their healthy food is ok, but nothing special.

Well, I think we are all caught up! I’m hitting hay early tonight. Have a great evening!

Have you ever realized an old favorite isn’t as great as it used to be?