Friday, March 16, 2012

Rock ‘n’ Roll

The Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half is tomorrow and I am ready!!

Yesterday after work I metroed from Virginia to the Armory and then back. Thankfully there were no lines at packet pick-up AND it only took me an hour and 15 minutes. I was very impressed, especially since there was a train malfunction.

image

The Metro ride gave me plenty of time to look through my packet. I am very excited to try the Peanut Butter GU they gave me. Fingers crossed that it is good!!

image

The Metro ride also made me realize that since I will not be meeting my original time goal, I might as well look cute. I quickly dropped into Target to pick-up this outfit to sport at the race.

IMG_1267

Since I was all set for the race, the only other thing to do was carb (aka St. Pat’s). I think getting into character is just as important as getting some extra carbs. ;)

image

Have a great weekend!!