Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Violets of March

It’s moving week which means not much food will make its way to the blog. Sorry! I just didn’t think you would find us cleaning out the entire pantry as that exciting. Instead I thought I would tell you about the most recent book I finished.

image(source)

The Violets of March by Sarah Jio is another book I learned of from Jenna’s blog. The book is about Emily, an author who made it big in her 20’s but was having a rough time in her 30’s. Fresh out of a divorce, Emily visits her Aunt Bee on Bainbridge Island near Seattle for the entire month of March. During this month Emily becomes reacquainted with the island she loved during childhood summers and learns about a family secret through a diary found in the room she was staying in.

This novel is fresh and fun. I flew through this book and found it super easy to keep up with on my commute to and from work. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for the perfect beach winter read. :)

I am working on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo now, but what should I read when I am done?