Monday, August 29, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Happy Monday everyone! It always amazes me how quickly the weekend flies. We were thankfully spared from the worst of Irene. We didn’t lose power and were able to fit in our 20 mile run (more on that tomorrow). Today, life was back to the normal daily grind.

IMG_0248

At HLS I got to meet Tina from Carrots ‘N’ Cake and get her to sign her book for me. On my metro ride today I finished her book. As a few others said, it is a very easy and enjoyable read. I loved getting to know Tina better through her book.

I loved all of her healthy-living advice, from having cocktails at home to anticipating splurges. She even includes a bunch of great recipes. I love the recipes that are in smaller portions, like the microwave oatmeal cookie.

IMG_0249

I may have gone a little too bookmark crazy… bookmarking at least one recipe per recipe section (oops!). The fun thing is all the recipes are bookmarked with blogger business cards from HLS. Now I can have fond HLS memories each time I make one of Tina’s Recipes. :)

This evening was a relaxing way to start the week. When I left work the sun was shinning so Jay and I decided to go to the pool. But of course, by the time we got our butts down there the sun had hidden behind a cloud. Regardless, it was nice to sit outside in the cool breeze for a 1/2 hour and catch up on each others day.

IMG_0251

For dinner, we had a hybrid of my Summer Sausage and Broccoli Shells and Jenna’s Zucchini Pasta. I used the basic ingredients of my Summer Sausage and Broccoli Shells and Jenna’s sauce from the Zucchini Pasta. It was delicious!!!

IMG_0255

After dinner, Jay decided it was time to clean the fishes tank… It was an adventure and I think we may have lost one or two. Sorry Celeste!

IMG_0258IMG_0263

I decided that the action was too much for me. Photographer and blogger worked best for me ;)

IMG_0265

in my super comfy HLS t-shirt giving you a funny face…

How was your Monday?

 

What is your favorite Hybrid Recipe?