Friday, July 8, 2011

Bitter Is The New Black

Today I left work a little early to wait for a Verizon Technician. At the end of last month, Jay, Mary and I decided to drop our Comcast Cable TV and Internet for the more economical Verizon DSL. We never really watch Cable TV and have found there are a lot of ways to keep up with our favorite shows. Unfortunately, the transition was not as smooth as I had hoped.

Alas, a week later, 5 hours on the phone with Verizon, 2 technicians and our new internet service is up and running. Those green lights never looked soo good!

Ok I want to hear it. Tell me your telecommunication woes! And, do you have Cable TV? How do you keep up with your favorite shows?

P1030969

This week I also finished Jen Lancaster’s Bitter Is The New Black. I had previously read her book Such a Pretty Fat but was not the biggest fan. Thankfully, my friend Lauren had read this book, loved it and recommended that I read it. I am so glad I did.

image

(Source)

This memoir recounts Jen’s experiences during the Dot Com bust. With the current economic times, I feel like we can all learn a lot from Jen’s experience. She is funny and smart as she recounts her woe’s with corporate America.

As always, I read this book to and from work on my 10 minutes metro ride. This book was a great pick up and ditch book. I was always able to pick up where I left off and it was easy to follow. I found this book a great reprieve from the work day.

After this book, I am more than willing to give Jen Lancaster’s other books a chance and have added her blog to my Google reader!

Have you given an author another chance? Who was it and would you read another one of their novels?