Monday, June 27, 2011

Eleven Miles Monday Morning

Yes, the title is as true as it sounds. This morning, Jay and I ran 11 miles before work (well, before Sarah went to work).

After living with our running schedule a few weeks, we realized that trying to do long runs on our own was NOT going to happen. For the few weeks where I go away, we have decided to run together Monday morning. This works out perfectly with my work’s flexible scheduling and Jay’s Monday’s off.

This morning we managed to stumble out the door around 6 a.m. and return by 8 a.m. so I could be siting at my desk by 9:15 a.m. Not bad if I say so myself!

62711 run

For today’s run, we decided to run up to the Key Bridge, through Foggy Bottom, past the White House and back across the fourteenth street bridge. You can easily replicate this run by starting and finishing at the Crystal City Metro Station like we did.

My only complaint about this run was the C & O Canal. It stank!!! Definitely what I wanted to encounter first thing Monday morning. Otherwise, this was a great run that we both felt great about!

This evening, Jay and I attended our first American Sign Language class at the DC Public Library. It was a lot of fun! We both really liked the format of the class and came home with a lot of new vocabulary. Let’s just hope we don’t lose any before we go back on the (eeks) 18th. Well, that is the next time I can go back on Monday with Jay, thankfully I can also always go on Tuesday (just without Jay).

Next month is extra paycheck month!! I am very excited since I plan on buying a new digital camera!!!!

Do you have any suggestions on which digital camera I should purchase?

I know I want a point and shoot since Jay ha a nicer DSLR camera. Ideally the camera will be a little smaller than my current one and would fit easily in my small clutch. Any suggestions?