Sunday, May 8, 2011

Carolina Graduation 2011

I just got back from another fun weekend in Columbia, South Carolina to see my little brother Joe graduate with his bachelors.

P1030456

Jay’s sister Irene also graduated with her masters.

P1030482P1030460

While waiting for the ceremony to begin, Jay and I realized that this was the sixth Carolina graduation that we have sat through and maybe our last. :(

P1030469

So we reveled in traditions like We Hail Thee Carolina:
"We hail thee, Carolina, and sing thy high praise
With loyal devotion, remembering the days
When proudly we sought thee, thy children to be:
Here's a health, Carolina, forever to thee!”
After graduation we posed for a few pictures.

DSCN7094

Yes, that is a picture of my brother, his friend Alex and the girls they hang out with. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them the short 36 hours that I was there.

DSCN7096

Then we were off for dinner where we had fried pickles, which were amazing. And my mom iced my brother. It was hilarious, I wish I had a picture to share with y’all. (Update: Y'all can thank Jay for the picture below).

OK, well that’s all for tonight! Off to bed!

Did you attend all my siblings and friends graduations?
What is your favorite part of graduations?