Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Bucket List from High School

In lieu of New Years Day, I thought we would take a second to look back at my High School Bucket List.

But first, a few photos from last night. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

GO COCKS!!! Since the Gamecocks played in the Chick-fil-A Bowl yesterday, we felt it was necessary to have lunch there. It is a shame we lost :( But at least we got to watch it together!!!

We went to "B Doubs" which I came to find out meant Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game and then headed to Celebration, FL for fireworks and fun!

Now, the High School Bucket List. I love finding my goals and aspirations from my childhood or adolescents. There is something so innocent about them. I am assuming that I wrote my original Bucket List while I was in High School (notice item number 1... graduate High School). Occasionally, I pull out this ratty old piece of paper and reflect on what I wanted then and what I want now.

I had some pretty loft aspirations.

Below I typed out my High School Bucket List for you to enjoy. In a few days I will post my current Bucket List, which you may notice is slightly revised ;)

The Bucket List (circa 2000)
  • Graduate High School (May 2004)
  • Drive across the Country
  • Graduate College (May 2008)
  • Backpack across Europe
  • Learn to Spell
  • Get Married
  • Have a Harry Potter reading Marathon
  • Have kids
  • March on Washington (October 2010)
  • Go Scuba diving
  • Run up the steps like Rocky
  • Learn a Foreign Language
  • Visit Russia
  • Live in a Foreign Country
  • See Mt. Everest
  • Visit the Galapagos Islands
  • Visit all 50 States
  • Go Snowboarding (learned Winter 04-05)
  • Visit all 7 Continents
  • Hike the Appalachian Trail
  • Become a photographer
  • Write a Novel
  • Swim with a Dolphin
  • Create a Slang Word
  • Fall in Love (since 2005)
Do you hold onto written goals or aspirations from years ago? What is your reaction when you find it?

What did you do for New Years Eve?