Friday, August 6, 2010

Old Town Reunion

What a whirl wind Friday!!!

Work was a little busier than usual because of our eCommunication deadline and the usual abundance of odd research questions. By 4:30 it slowed to a halt and I was given permission to leave. I headed around the corner to the Starbucks and read my current obsession, The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by CW Gortner (reviews to come, but it is amazing).

At 5:30, Jay met me and we walked and then got picked up by Paul and Hilary to go to dinner at Overwood.

I first heard of Overwood from my former boss because I was asking around for a restaurant suggestion for my annual review. The recommendation I kept hearing was Overwood, but when I looked at the menu, I knew it was very suitable for our monthly dinner date with Paul and Hilary. I went to Vermilion for my review lunch.

At Overwood, both Hilary and I had the BBQ Chicken Salad, amazing!!! The BBQ sauce came on the side and the chicken was tender and thinly sliced. Jay got the shrimp and grits, which he said were good, but it was strange that they fried a patty of grits (definitely did not pass the southerner's seal of approval.

Post dinner, we stopped by Pop's ice cream for our favorite ice cream in Old Town.

A perfect end to a hectic week!!!