Friday, July 6, 2012

Excuses, excuses…

Post wedding, my workout routine has been full of excuses and lacking any legitimate workouts. My gym has been remodeling for almost a year now. Throughout the process my workouts have been minimally interrupted. Yes, it stunk to do BodyPump, High Intensity Training and Yoga in a room without mirrors, but at least I could still go get my workout in! These past two weeks, the new cycle studio is being completed, meaning no cycle class and gapping wholes in my workout schedule. Pair that with a few trips to Baltimore and the Fourth of July holiday and all of a sudden I have not had a real workout in over a week. How did that happen?

Last night, I was really craving something. I quickly pulled up Pinterest for some inspiration. Immediately I found this great little workout:

And then I stumbled upon the Fab 15.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t follow either workout to a T. But I did bite the bullet and completed 50 of some of my favorite moves, including:

  • Jumping Jacks
  • Speed Skaters
  • Squats
  • Lunges
  • Planks (1 min)
  • Side Planks (30 sec each side)
  • Push-ups (25)
  • Triceps Push-ups (25)
  • Crunches

I followed up my little workout with a few stretches. It may not be the worlds greatest workout, but it felt good to do something. Now maybe to incorporate one of the workouts above into my daily routine. I’ve got no more excuses!

no excuses!!

This weekend, I hope to WILL get at least one run in. Jay and I are also doing some water sports, which will provide a little extra fitness. It all starts today. I will get my butt back in gear!

How do you motivate yourself to get your butt back in gear?

*click on the image for the image source.