Saturday, October 29, 2011

T’was the Night Before the Marathon

And we had a pretty relaxed day ahead of us.

We dreamed about our future honeymoon. More on that later because it’s changed!!!

Then we went and looked at grooms-wear. As with many wedding adventures, this one was a little overwhelming at first. After 2 stores and a little modeling, we decided on the look we wanted and a time to get the guys together.

IMG_0594

Then it started to snow.

IMG_0619

Yup, it snowed in DC today. So far it does not appear to be sticking, but I a a little worried about icy conditions tomorrow morning. Oh well, nothing much we can do.

IMG_0622

Well, except be prepared.

It looks like the precipitation has stopped (YAY!) and it should remain above freezing the entire evening (YAY!). But it will still be pretty cold the entire race. So much for wearing my short spandex and a short sleeve shirt. I pulled out all my cold weather running gear including gloves and a new ponytail hat :)

image

I also made sure we had all of our fuel ready to go. I plan to carry my hand held water bottle and fuel belt (but without the bottles) to carry all my Gu, IDs and cell phone.

IMG_0624

After we were all set for tomorrow, it was time to relax. This included finishing a few Christmas gifts like the Hoot Hat.

IMG_0611

Isn’t it adorable? It’s for Preston our nephew. I hope it fits, I followed the directions exactly for a 1-2 year old, but I feel like it’s soo big.

IMG_0625

And while I finished my project Jay and I enjoyed a little Wonder Years. Yes, we have been on a Wonder Years kick. 2 1/2 decades later, its still good.

IMG_0621

Now, it’s time to go enjoy some pre-marathon fuel.

I can’t believe its almost here!

Did it snow at your house today?