Monday, August 16, 2010

The Berkshires Hike

What a great weekend away!!! I was a tad hesitant about this trip, since once again, I have overbooked myself for the month of August.

Besides the hiking, which was a nice touch of physical activity, I drank a decent amount of wine, ate brownies and had nothing to worry about. It was also nice, but scary to hear about what your 50's could be like!!!! But, at the same time soooo refreshing to see that my mom and her friends do, even as they approach the ripe old age of 60.

Below is the house we stayed in, a beautiful 4 bed room cottage.

And below is the view from our front porch!
I wish I could say I spent more time on the porch enjoying the view, but I honestly wasn't up for long before we left to go hiking (yay sleep!!) and then we would have dinner and it would be dark :(. Next trip!

On Sunday, when we all left for a respective states, my mom and Mrs. Carol left for a one night backpacking adventure. I have to say, I am very proud of them for following their dream to finish the whole Appalachian Trail. It is very inspiration and I am lucky to have such inspiration people in my life. And, who knows, maybe one day, I too will hike the entire thing, one step at a time!