Thursday, May 24, 2012

No, I'm not Sorry

I am en route to Baltimore to go Backpacking for the weekend with Jay, my mom and Mrs. Carol. It should be fun minus the whole carrying everything on my back and doing my business in the wilderness.



Yup, it should be fun to unplug for a few days and enjoy the great outdoors.

I think we all need to unplug every once in a while. Me, especially as we get closer and closer to the BIG day. Thankfully a lot of things are done, but I still feel like our "To Do" is never ending. It doesn't help when people say extremely stupid things to you.

I think every bride can attest to the fact that people tell you things you don't want to hear. What a bride wants to hear is, "Yes, I will be there (and RSVP on time, not bring anyone extra, like you can count on me to actually be there so your not charged a lot of money for me to be a no show), smiling, dressed appropriately, be polite, will sit where you assign me (or not ask questions/demand you sit with whomever), have a good time and then go home or to the hotel (and not drive drunk)". I guess if every wedding guest were like that then weddings wouldn't be soo much fun ;).

I think the one thing that I try to live by in life is also so valid for weddings "Be Honest and Communicate". Yes, I am sad you can't come to my wedding (I wouldn't have invited you if I didn't want you there... (in most cases, j/k). I just need to know and don't really care about what your drama is. I really don't want to know ;) I just want a YES or a NO and I won't be offended either way.

So here you go, my wedding in numbers:

Days until the wedding: 24
Guests attending: 148
Tables: 16
MIA Guests: 5
Responses on the RSVP deadline: 36
Benne Wafers ordered: 168
Koozies ordered: 250
Guests staying in our hotel block: 46
Times I've had a great workout b/c of guest list issues: 4
Pairs of shoes at my mom's house: 7

What is the best thing someone has said to you when planning an event?